CITV is the channel that inspires and entertains Britain’s children, broadcasting from 6am to 9pm every day (6pm in Freeview homes). CITV is the home of the nation’s favourite kids’ programmes.
Last year, CITV was up +0.14 share points for Children 4-15 share, and it was one of the top 40 digital gainers for 2016.
For Children 6-11, CITV was averaging 4.8% share for our core Freeview hours. During this time, we were the 4th favourite children’s TV channel amongst our target audience. CITV was the largest ‘free-to-air’ commercial channel in 2016 and remains one of the best ways to reach an authentically kids audience with more 7-10 year olds tuning in to the channel last year than went to Alton Towers (Youth TGI 2016 Autumn).
The most watched programme on CITV this year so far is staple of the schedule Mr Bean: The Animated Series, which attracted over 200k viewers this year.
We continue to show quality kid’s programming including Thunderbirds are Go, which is consistently the most watched show in its Saturday morning slot and outperforms the channel slot average for individuals and children’s audiences. TAG is also one of the top 10 most requested shows on the ITV Hub each week of its run.
It’s a channel for big talent too - Bear Grylls Survival School began in January 2016 with 315k and a 5.9% share. The programme was up on the 2015 slot average by 116k and 2.5 share points.
Simulcast on main channel at weekends allows CITV to broaden its reach still further; with Scrambled! being uniquely produced to wrap up the biggest weekly programmes. The ITV Hub also live streams CITV to anyone watching online throughout the day, and provides a home to all of CITV’s favourite programmes as 30 days catch up.
- Top CITV is the top 'free-to-air' children's channel
- 51% So far 2017 has seen CITV reach 51% of boys 4-9
- CITV is the highest commercial children’s TV channel for Children aged 6-11.
- Bear Grylls Survival School began in January 2016 with 315k and a 5.9% share.
- Our biggest show this year was Mr Bean: The Animated Series which attracted over 200k viewers.
- Thunderbirds are Go is consistently the most watched show in its Saturday morning slot and outperforms the channel slot average for individuals and children's audiences.
- TAG is the only CITV/children's show to feature in the top ten most requested shows on ITV Hub, and has done so each week since launch.