Sponsorship and Secondary Partnerships
ITV's strength is its ability to create and broadcast programming that sits at the heart of popular culture. This programming emotionally connects with the audience, turning them into fans, and not just viewers. The way to get closest to this programming is through headline sponsorship or programme partnerships.
Fully integrated partnership opportunities are available including product placement, digital and licensing activation; resulting in a fully bespoke, 360-degree campaign. Take a look at some of our fantastic examples in our Case Study section.
Sponsorship allows you to place a series of short credit sequences around a programme, which feature your logo and message. Your sponsorship package can vary to suit your needs; single programmes or events, a themed package and varying lengths of sponsorship are all available.
An ever-growing area is where brands partner with an alternative editorial element of a programme. This can allow brands to access a show at a smaller budget, or to hone in on a specific aspect of the programme. Examples of this include partnering with a show app (Just Eat & The X Factor), being the fashion partner of a programme (Ebay & This Morning), or even creating a completely bespoke concept (Nivea & The Voice Backstage Partner). All of these can equally result in 360-degree campaigns.
Make sure you take a look at our trading guidelines for the sponsorship process.
Rules of Effective Sponsorship
All you need to know in order to have a successful sponsorship
Making your Brand Famous
- Sponsorship and programme partnerships deliver stand-out in a cluttered marketBuilds brand fame & raises awareness
- Shifts brand perceptions & influences purchase decisions
- Guarantees a prime position and maximum visibility to emotionally connected fans
- Creates permission for a dialogue between the brand and fans
- Can offer additional content for use on Paid, Owned and Earned platforms
“Sponsorship has changed beyond all recognition in the last 10 years. While straightforward badging still has a place, we love working with brands to ensure they make the most of a campaign and bring it to life across as many platforms as possible. We have worked with hundreds of brands with all kinds of budgets to create business-changing partnerships.”
Bhavit Chandrani , Content Partnerships Controller, ITV
- ROI Sponsorships can drive ROI for advertisers in terms of brand equity or sales
- Top A humorous or light-hearted approach is the top attribute for creative effectiveness